Instead of constantly answering questions during a stream of what scenery/aircraft/weather/etc I have, I figured I’d make this page and simply keep it updated with what i have for P3D. That’s all the introduction this needs, so here is the list:
Addendum: I have marked a couple of add-ons as “(Developer and Specifics Classified, Sorry)” … a reminder that this is my personal list, and while I am listing everything I fly, I am under no obligation to explain details about … well .. anything. I do beta testing, and I have also had some personal projects done for me by friends. If I am under an NDA, or even better – if I simply don’t feel like it, you will not see any screenshots or streams of me using aircraft with these labels. I will never – ever – break an NDA, no matter who you are or who you represent.
- (Developer and Specifics Classified, Sorry) Cessna Denali
- (Developer and Specifics Classified, Sorry) Daher TBM 930
- A2A Cessna 172 Trainer
- A2A Cessna 182
- A2A Piper PA24-250 Comanche
- A2A Piper PA28-180 Cherokee
- Aerosoft Airbus A318/319/320/321 series with FS2Crew activated
- Aerosoft DeHavilland DHC6 Twin Otter Extended
- Alabeo Cessna C195 Business Liner
- Alabeo Cessna C400 Corvalis TT
- Alabeo Cessna C404 Titan
- Alabeo Diamond DA42 Twin Star
- Alabeo Piper PA31-350 Chieftain
- Alabeo Piper PA32 Saratoga II TC
- Alabeo Piper PA36 Pawnee
- Alabeo Piper PA44 Seminole
- Carenado Beechcraft A36 Bonanza
- Carenado Beechcraft B1900D
- Carenado Cessna C208B Grand caravan EX
- Carenado Cessna CT182T Skylane
- Carenado Cessna CT206H Stationair
- Carenado Cirrus SR22 GTS
- Carenado Pilatus PC12
- Carenado Piper PA46 Malibu Mirage
- Carenado Piper PA46T Malibu Jetprop
- CLS McDonnell Douglas DC-10
- Darenado Daher TBM850
- Flight1 Beech Kingair B200
- Laborie Roland Airbus A400M V2
- Lionheart Blade
- Lionheart Learjet 24B
- Lionheart Quest Kodiak
- Majestic Bombardier Dash-8 Q400
- Razbam Fairchild Metroliner III
- Realair Citabria
- Realair Decathlon
- Realair Legacy V2
- Realair Scout
Aircraft Avionics and Enhancements
- Flight1 Garmin GTN 750
- Rex Texture Direct with Softclouds
- Due to having ASCA (see below) I use REX mainly for ground level enhancements for water, as well as airport textures.
- HiFi Active Sky 2016, with Active Sky Cloud Art
- Currently Cloud Art dynamically loads textures based on weather and other factors. It makes for a very sweet experience as pretty much no two flights are the same as far as sky, clouds and weather.
- I currently own both UT2 as well as Traffic 360
- I quit using UT2 because it is no longer supported or in development. However recently I stumbled on an interesting surprise … 2016 schedules for UT2 on sale at Flight1. This may motivate me to switch back to UT2. Find out why below …
- Traffic 360 is currently installed, but it is fast growing on my nerves. It installs some insanely … and I do mean insanely … loud AI sounds that kill immersion, plus they are crappy sounding. I have tried hard to fix this, but there is no possible fix for this. Also, when i am near an international airport, sure I see some commercial traffic, but when i am in the air, the skies are almost dominated only by military traffic. I almost feel like I’ve entered some foreign war-zone and feel like at any moment I am going to get escorted and strip searched. However I felt trapped because currently this is the ONLY AI option for P3D that is in installer form. If, however, I can get UT2 to take into P3Dv3, I plan to buy those 2016 schedules and go that route. I remember when I used UT2 before that my skies were well populated and accurate with proper airlines in their specific areas. I long for that again.
- I currently do not have anything global installed. I used to have ORBX installed in FSX, but I am holding off from installing it into P3D until they give me a choice about my own simulator. ORBX is, visually, really awesome, but once you have it installed you can NOT configure it, and you can NO uninstall it without having to completely uninstall your entire flight simulator, including all configuration files, and do a reinstall from scratch, pretty much starting all over. To most casual simulation users, no big deal, but to someone who uses as many products as i do – that’s an insane amount of work just to uninstall something or flip something off. I was having performance issues with ORBX because ORBX is VERY heavy on VAS usage … extremely heavy … and so on airline flights I wanted to deactivate Vector in the scenery library, or even in their configuration program. Nope. No joy. So once it is installed, it is permanent and activated. Don’t get me wrong – I like ORBX, but I also like to have a choice as to what scenery I have activated in my simulator at a given time.
USA – International Airports
- KDEN Denver International (Flightbeam)
- KLAS Las Vegas (FSDT)
USA – GA Airports
Before I list all these, just a note about ORBX airports. They tell you that their global scenery is required to use these. It is not. As long as you have any accurate scenery mesh installed you can use ORBX airports. I currently have a lot of ORBX airports working beautifully with Megascenery. At the time I am typing this I cannot remember all of the developers of these airports. I’ll update that later.
- KTNP Twentynine Palms
- KTEX Telluride
- KEGE Eagle County
- KSEZ Sedona
- L41 Marble Canyon
- KLXV Leadville (done by me)
- KPUB Pueblo Memorial (Buildings by Jim Dhaenens. 2016 layout and industrial park by me)
- 1V6 Fremont County (Work in progress by me)
- KLAA Lamar (by me)
USA – Photoscenery
I am not about to make 50 bullet entries here for state coverage. I do not have all 40 states – just the western half of the lower 48 (plus Hawaii), but I am longing for a competitor to Megascenery to come along. I use photo scenery to prepare for real world cross country flights. I use the visuals to familiarize myself with VFR landmarks and unique ground features so that I am more comfortable when i make the trip in real life. So photo scenery in the areas where I fly is very important to me.
However, I hate how the people at Megascenery are eager to take my money, but feel they do not need to answer emails unless you are in their inner clique. I am not the only one. I have noticed quite a few people who have been rubbed wrong by this and refuse to buy their product.As I work on more ratings, I plan to fly further and further east in the USA. I hope, I really really hope, that a competitor emerges and provides just as good if not better photo-scenery for the USA by then. Megascenery needs a competitor. As long as they give at least SOME form of customer service or product support, I will eagerly buy from them.
I buy from Megascenery out of necessity for what I do for self training and familiarization. But trust me, I don’t like it.
USA – Hawaii
I am listing this by itself because it is so far out there and I plan to enhance it a lot for some island hopping adventures. For now, it is starting with …
- Megascenery Hawaii
- Aerosoft Dilingham X
- VABB Namaste Mumbai
- ORBX Tapini
- VAJJ Jumbu
- Aerosoft Lukla X
- ORBX PNG Holgermesh
As you can see, my list of products in P3D is extremely short compared to what I had in FSX. Not much is compatible with P3Dv3 that I use. I have the migration tool, but most of my stuff is advanced airliner level stuff, such as PMDG, etc. Anyway, the list will hopefully grow. My main focus is USA Lower 48 coverage. Everything else is just side entertainment.